I emailed Customer.Relations.UK@fly.virgin.com
asking for a status match from Skywards Gold to Flying Club Gold. Received a response in 2 days as follows:
Thank you for your email.
We don't offer a direct status match to Gold Flying Club membership status, but we do offer an "Instant Silver, Fast Track to Gold" programme.
Members normally have to earn 40 tier points within 12 months to achieve Flying Club Gold status. With this offer, you only need to earn 20 tier points in 7 months.
You could, therefore, achieve Gold status by completing the equivalent of two Upper Class return flights.
The many benefits of both Silver and Gold status can be found on our website at: www.virgin-atlantic.com/gb/en/flying-club/membership-benefits.html
Once you become a Gold member, you must fly frequently enough that you maintain 40 tier points a year and must be flying in Upper Class or Premium Economy cabin.
For us to consider you for this offer, we ask that you:
- Are already a Flying Club member (which you are)
- Have a forthcoming confirmed International revenue flight booked with Virgin Atlantic, in either the Upper Class or Premium Economy cabin.
- Hold a Gold or equivalent status with another airline (which you do)
Flights taken before or during the application process cannot be counted towards your request for matching status.
In order to begin this application, please email the following information to us:
- Details of your forthcoming flight with Virgin Atlantic (booking reference, route and date)
- A PDF copy of your membership card and statement with Emirates airline confirming your current status.
- Your proposed frequency and class of travel with Virgin Atlantic in the next 7 months.
Once we have these details, we will be happy to apply "Instant Silver, Fast Track to Gold" to your account.
We look forward to hearing from you further.