Filled out the webcontact form at the turkish airlines site. Sent copy passport; copy of the flying blue platinum card and a screenshot of the most recent flying blue transactions from the FB website. Got a reply within less than 24 hours confirming the match:
Firstly please be informed that, we do not have Classic Plus or Elite Plus Statu Match option.
So, we’re pleased to inform you that as of September 16th, 2019, the status of your membership TK-XXXXXXX has been raised to Elite. We’re excited to be able to offer you more benefits and advantages with Miles&Smiles.
There are a few details about your upgrade to Elite that we’d like to tell you about:
• A 4-month trial period will be applied to your Elite membership. During this period, you must perform with Turkish Airlines international flight, and include include it in your account.
• At the end of the trial period, if you’ve included at least one Turkish Airlines international flight in your Miles&Smiles membership account, your Elite membership will be extended for another 8 months (this means that you’ll have Elite membership guaranteed for 1 year following your status match).
• In the first year of your Elite membership, if you earn at least 15,000 Status Miles earned through Turkish Airlines international flights, your membership will be extended by 1 more year (this means that you’ll have Elite membership guaranteed for 2 years following your status match).
With your Elite membership, you’ll be able to take advantage of a host of benefits to make your trip even more special. These benefits include:
• Entry to our private passenger lounges
• An additional baggage allowance of 20 kg on all our flights
• Priority check-in and priority boarding
• Passport control Fast Track
• More Status Miles on your Business Class flights
For more information, visit our program details page or contact our services and reservation line exclusively for Elite and Elite Plus members on 444 1 849 (if you’re calling from outside Turkey, please visit the “get in touch” page onturkishairlines.com
to find the call center number for your region).
We hope to see you in the skies again soon.